Calathea white star is a house plant. Which is used in indoor gardens. Calathea white star is found mainly in the rainforests of Brazil. This plant is a great choice for indoor plant enthusiasts due to its low maintenance. Read more then you will know problems, treatments, size, and how to care.
Here are some points for calathea white star plants care.
- Light: Calathea white stars need indirect light. If the plant is placed in the sun, then its leaves turn yellow color. So place the plant near the window that will get indirect light.
- Temperature and Humidity: Calathea white star plant is the best temperature between 65°F to 80°F (18°C to 27°C). If the temperature is low you can’t use water on plants. If the temperature is increased then use water on the plant or bathe the water with water the decreased the temperature.
- Watering: Keep the soil moist, not dry. When calathea white star plant soil is dried then you use water on the plant. Use filtered water on the plants as tap water damage the plants.
- Soil: Organically clean soil should be slightly moist add some fertilization and mix well. There should be no stone and covers or any other debris in the soil so as not to damage the plant.
- Potting For Plants: Choose a pot for the plants that must have a hole in the bottom. When you use water in plants, the excess water drains out of the hole in the pot. If this water doesn’t come out, extra water dissolves the roots of the plants.
- Fertilizing: Fertilization is used for the calathea white star plant in 2 seasons spring and summer. Apply 10 grams of fertilizer to the plants and use water after half an hour.
- Pruning: When the plant grows, prune it to maintain its original shape or also cut the yellow leaves of the plant with sharp scissors so the plant doesn’t look bad.
Calathea white stars need indirect light because their leaves become brown in color in sunlight. If you use tap water on calathea white star, the leaves of the plant will bend due to the limited moisture, so use filtered water on the plants.
The white star calathea (Calathea white star) isn’t extremely rare. But calathea white star isn’t the most popular compared to other types of Calthea.
Calathea white star doesn’t like sunlight. If you keep the plant in sunlight then its leaves turn yellow color. That’s why calathea white star needs indirect light.
Organic way clean soil and slightly wet is the best soil for the calathea white star plant.
What Size Should the Calathea White Star
The maximum size of the calathea white star plant is 10 to 18 inches (1 foot to half feet). Calathea white star is an indoor plant. The indoor plant doesn’t increase in size very much. Because this plant is kept indoors. Such as a house, office, school, hospital, Mall and etc.
If the plant is size 10 to 12 or 15 feet. So this plant will stick to the roof and look very bad. The plant will also damage the roof. Each indoor plant is planted in a pot and its root can’t spread much compared to the outdoor plant. Outdoor plants are planted in the ground.
The plant roots get more soil in the ground, and the roots of the plant are fully spread, so the outdoor plant is bigger in size. Decreased the size of the indoor plant, the weight of the plant is also reduced. When you clean the house, you can also change the indoor place from 1 place to another place.
What Problems Are Faced By Calathea White Star & How To Treat It
Calathea white star is popular for its low maintenance. Hence, it is an excellent choice for indoor plant enthusiasts. The main problem of the calathea white star is the yellowing of its leaves. Which affects its health and appearance very badly. Yellow leaves reduce the beauty of the calathea white star plant. Calathea white star plant is found in the rainforests of Brazil.
The problem with yellow leaves is due to a lack of moisture in the plant. If the plant leaves turn yellow color then you use water on the plant. Fill a large pot with water and place it near the plant. The moisture in the plant is complete. So that the leaves of the calathea white star plant stop turning yellow.
If the leaves of the plant aren’t cleaned daily with a cloth. then the leaves of the plant are attacked by insects that eat the leaves of the plant. If the insects eat more than 4 leaves of the plant, you need to use an insecticidal spray on the plants. But insects attack 2 to 3 leaves of the plant.
Clean the leaves of the plant with a wet cloth daily, which will eliminate these insects. Your calathea white star plant is always safe from insects. When you clean the leaves of the plant with a wet cloth, be careful not to break down the leaves from the twigs. When you do any plant work, do it carefully so as not to damage the plant. Such as plant care, watering, treatment, pruning and etc.
Calathea white star is a house plant. It is the most beautiful and attractive indoor plant. Calathea white star requires low maintenance. This plant is an excellent choice for indoor plant enthusiasts. Indoor plants are beautiful plants. Like spider plants, peace lily, and baby monstera plants. If you read the article, your knowledge will increase about the calathea white star plant.
Such as, how to care for the calathea white star plant, information about size, what problems are faced by the calathea white star & how to treat it. Caring for the plant is very important. This article writes all information in a caring paragraph. Like how to use water on plants, fertilizer, soil mixing, etc.
Calathea white star plant grows to a maximum size of 10 to 18 inches. Lastly, the common problem of the plant is that its leaves turn yellow due to its lack of moisture. Keep the moisture of the plant full. Use water on plants and fills the water container then place it near the plant.
Its moisture will increase and this problem will be over. Complete information about calathea white star plant care, size, faced issues, and treatment. If you read the complete article then you will know.