Garlic is one of the most common vegetables used in the kitchen. You can easily plant it on your home lawn and use it in the kitchen. We will provide you with 9 garlic-growing stages complete guide. After reading the article you can plant garlic on the lawn.
- Variety Selection: First of all. Choose a garlic variety to grow. There are three most important types of garlic. Hardneck, soft neck, and elephant garlic. Which are the most commonly used for growing at home.
- Preparing Soil: The soil must be a clean and organic way for garlic. Soil moisture level pH is between 6.0 and 7.0. So that the garlic can grow well.
- Breaking Cloves: It is essential to clean the garlic before planting it. Peel the garlic clove by hand, not with anything so that the cloves of garlic remain firm.
- Planting: Clean the soil of the place where you want to put garlic. Garlic clove the soil 4 to 6 inches deep and 8 to 12 inches apart.
- Mulching: For mulching, You can use whatever is appropriate for your area or garden, but most people use clean straw, large tree leaves, and grass.
- Watering: Garlic needs moist soil for growth. In low-temperature weather areas 1 to 2 inches and in hot weather it is necessary to water garlic daily.
- Fertilizing: During the garlic growth stages, it needs to be fertilized. Use a small amount of nitrogen-rich and organic fertilizer on garlic. This fertilizer is beneficial for garlic.
- Scaping: All types of garlic grow this scape and do not cut the scape until it is fully developed. Once the stem scape is curled upwards and without cutting every leaf remove the clove.
- Harvesting: When the leaves color turns yellow or brown. You understand the garlic is ready to be cut. Carefully remove the soil around the garlic and gently garlic out the field then leave it in a dry place for 2 to 3 weeks.
How To Garlic Growing Indoors
If you want to use clean, flavorful, and nutritious garlic in your indoors. There are just a few things you need to do to grow it indoors and garlic will be ready. You need a large and clean pot and drainage soil. Press the garlic bulb at least 2 inches deep into the soil, Put the soil on top and place the pot in a sunny place near a window.
Sometimes, if there is no sunlight available turn on a big light bulb and place it near the pot. This heat up the pot and makes up for the lack of sunlight. Use water and fertilize and after 10 months your garlic will be ready. Due to lack of light, garlic leaves dry up.
There are two seasons for planting garlic, Autumn and Spring. Garlic cloves are planted in the ground, then watered and fertilized, and finally harvested.
Garlic is planted from its cloves, not from seed like any other vegetable, and a single garlic clove is planted. It makes a full plant again.
It takes a year for a garlic plant to germinate as garlic bulbs are planted in autumn or spring and the soil is kept fertile. So that its bulbs can mature.
After planting the garlic bulb in the ground. A green shoot like thin grass comes out of the ground. As a full bulb of garlic begins to develop underground. The stems also being too thick and grow upwards.
What is Garlic Flower
Just as there are many varieties of garlic. Its flowers also have many different colors. The specialty of these flowers is that they look beautiful. Just as the garlic begins to grow underground, Its flowers and twigs also grow above the ground. Garlic flowers look like someone designed a garden.
Garlic leaves are mostly in white color and it’s very beautiful. When the garlic is fully developed under the ground, its leaves are also fully developed and one can judge whether the garlic is ready or not by looking at the leaves.
In this article, there are 9 complete ways that you can grow and use garlic in your home. Then you can also grow indoors in your home and get good nutritional garlic an finally. This article talks about garlic flowers, What to protect them and the complete method of planting garlic.